Sunday, August 07, 2016

Some Classic ONTs

With so many ONTs posted over the years it's easy to lose track of them and have a hard time finding them again. Especially since they all had basically the same title. :-) So I thought would gather up links to some of the more memorable ONTs in one place before they are lost to time.

If you have any ones that you think should be added, please suggest them in the comments or via email.

Oh and as I was gathering this list I showed a couple of these to Mrs. Maetenloch who I don't think has ever actually read a single ONT in all years I ever did them. Her comment was that hey maybe she should start reading more of them.

The Yokopalooza ONT

The Long Cat ONT

The QR Code ONT and it's Hidden ONT

The Who Goes Nazi ONT

The Cecil the Lion ONT

The Meet the Bow-F*cker ONT

The Tin Can ONT

A Sooper Sekrit ONT

The Lady Be Good ONT - an early one.

The Redneck Ninja ONT - another early one

The Infamous Memorial Day ONT - this actually was a genghis ONT when we were sharing duties

Random ONT 1

Random ONT 2

Random ONT 3

Random ONT 4

The DOOM ONTs
The backstory on these is that I had gotten tired of some commenters and I think maybe even Ace himself constantly posting gloomy, despairing comments in every thread. So I decided to go with the trend and show everyone what real DOOM threads looks like.

DOOM ONT - Day 1

DOOM ONT - Day 2

DOOM ONT - Day 3

DOOM ONT - Day 4

Update:

Random ONT 5

One of the All Picture ONTs - suck it Buzzfeed.

A Flamewar ONT - an early one. Gawd genghis loved these. Today they're known as 'Trump threads'.

Your suggestions here...

7 Comments:

Anonymous xplodeit said...

Time flies. I can't believe how long ago some of these were, if I would have guessed I would have said they were from the past year!

August 7, 2016 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I only heard about the Memorial Day ONT after the fact, but I still chuckle when I think about it!

August 8, 2016 at 8:02 AM  
Anonymous Joe Bar said...

Will NOT open Long Cat thread.

August 9, 2016 at 6:45 PM  
Anonymous Corona said...

I like long cat thread.

August 10, 2016 at 4:53 AM  
Anonymous bluebell said...

Mate, wasn't there one a year or so ago (maybe more) that was nothing but pictures? You just posted a bunch of pictures, no words, but each picture was a link.

Or maybe that wasn't you. But I kind of think it was.

August 10, 2016 at 10:57 AM  
Anonymous bluebell said...

Sorry, autocucumber doesn't know how to spell your name.

August 10, 2016 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Maetenloch,
I miss you on ONT even though I'd usually fall asleep after being at work 12 to 14 hours & was tired.

I know it's a thanklesss job, several times Ace or CAC ( Brandon would put up Post to join then AoSHQ DD & I would end up monitoring it.
Thank you,
Carol

October 29, 2016 at 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home